Christmas feels so long ago already – I miss the tree and the lights (and the time off work) but I’m rather glad to be getting on with 2016, I think. Here are some happy-making things that have happened so far:
- I found the biggest mug I’ve ever seen in the Paperchase sale. See the photo, with a chocolate orange for scale.
- We got a new armchair. It’s super comfy and the perfect size to curl up in to read/write, and I’m currently fighting the cat for ownership of it.
- I finally caved and bought my first Guerlain Rouge G lipstick. I got the shade Grenade, which is a gorgeous deep pink with very fine shimmer, and the packaging is bloody amazing – it looks like X-rated toy from space. They’re horribly expensive but Escentual have 20% off until this Tuesday.
- Mr Mouse and I discovered and subsequently binge-watched Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries on Netflix. If you love drama set in the 1920s with feminist storylines, tongue-in-cheek humour, and a bad-ass lead character, give it a go.
- We’ve been experimenting with our new coffee machine, which was a wedding present from my lovely grandmother. We wanted one that we could use actual coffee in, rather than just pods, and so far it’s rather brilliant.
What happy happenings have you had recently?- Any product marked with an '*' is a PR sample. All reviews are 100% honest regardless of whether I bought the item myself or was sent it. Links may be affiliate, which means that I get a small commission if you use them -