It’s 10pm and I’m curled up on the sofa with wine, clutching my hot water bottle like Kate Winslet clung to that sea-tossed door. I know how to rock a Saturday. Here are five happy things from the past couple of weeks, before Feminax and blankets became necessary:
- It was our first wedding anniversary last week. I’m a little annoyed that our first year of being Mr and Mrs Mouse had to coincide with the clusterf*ck that has been 2016, but still…
- Barter Books’ marvellous book Christmas tree. If I didn’t think Marple would try to climb it, I’d make one in the living room.
- Finding the only Ngaio Marsh novel that I hadn’t read in Barter Books – so satisfying.
- Only a week of work left before I break up for Christmas (does anyone else still say ‘break up’ as if they were still at school?). Thank. God.
- Satsumas (easy-peel and seedless, obv.). I’m eating so many that I suspect I’m going to turn into the Sunny Delight snowman.
What happy happenings have you had recently? Are you looking forward to a break over Christmas?- Any product marked with an '*' is a PR sample. All reviews are 100% honest regardless of whether I bought the item myself or was sent it. Links may be affiliate, which means that I get a small commission if you use them -