It’s been a busy few weeks in the Mouse House as I got a new job in Edinburgh and had four weeks to find somewhere to live, hand over my old job, and prepare to move to a different city (and country). It’s now Sunday afternoon, Mr Mouse has just gone back to Durham for the week, and I’m drowning my sorrows with a glass of Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger liqueur (bloody delicious) and a Mimi Bakery’s chocolate cupcake (great sponge but a slightly too much frosting). Despite the business and upheaval, there have been lots of happy bits recently so…:
- Celebrating our first anniversary (very) belatedly in St Andrews, where we watched the dude in the photo stalk a fishing boat in hope of lunch. He was out of luck but he did pose very politely.
- Having a lovely leaving ‘do, involving much drunken karaoke – I have vague memories of screeching ‘Babooshka’ extremely loudly….
- Finding a room in a super gorgeous house in Edinburgh with the biggest bath I’ve ever seen, and a really very comfy bed…
- …and two cats. Called Mel and Sue. MEL AND SUE THE CATS. MEL AND SUE. Ahem.
- Mel and Sue taking a liking to me and adopting my bed as their new favourite sleeping place within 24 hours of me moving in. They’re definitely making me feel a bit less homesick.
What happy happenings have you had recently?- Any product marked with an '*' is a PR sample. All reviews are 100% honest regardless of whether I bought the item myself or was sent it. Links may be affiliate, which means that I get a small commission if you use them -