Skincare is an area where it’s easy to be persuaded that you have to pay a lot in order to get effective products; I admit, some of my most-used skincare is at the higher end of the spendy-spectrum. However, there are some gems available that are perfect for pre-payday:
- Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil – not the easiest stuff to use (make sure you pull your sleeves up…) but excellent at destroying makeup and doesn’t leave my eyes filmy. Also great for cleaning makeup sponges.
- Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner – I may have mentioned once or twice that I love a face spray, and this one from Sukin is lovely. It’s hydrating, refreshing, is alcohol-free, and smells gorgeous.
- The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% – everyone knows by now that The Ordinary is a bloody brilliant brand and this vitamin C serum is powerful stuff. It has the same effects as my beloved Kiehl’s serum at a teeny fraction of the cost (although only for use at night, due to the concentration).
- Neutrogena Visible Clear 2-in-1 Wash/Mask – I’ve loved this stuff for about 15 years and always turn to it when my skin is really playing up. I like it as a face wash in the morning and it’s fabulous as a spot treatment/mask on oily areas. Keep it away from dry/dehydrated bits though.
- La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Lips – I love LRP’s lip balms and this is the best one for when your lips are just refusing to play ball and need a good firm hand. Or something.
- Weleda Skin Food – such a classic. This is the smaller tube but mine has lasted me for an age, and I whack it on everything, pretty much: cuticles, eczema, Mr Mouse’s stress-induced flaky patches – anything that needs a bit of intensive care.
Have you tried any of these? What affordable skincare do you love?- Any product marked with an '*' is a PR sample. All reviews are 100% honest regardless of whether I bought the item myself or was sent it. Links may be affiliate, which means that I get a small commission if you use them -